Dedicated to all things Jowettclick to download brochure
The Jowett Car Club can supply an extensive range of spare parts to Full members
In 1901 brothers Benjamin and William with Arthur V Lamb founded Jowett. They started making cycles and then produced V-twin engines for machinery. The first light car was built in 1906 but did not go into production until 1910
Between 1946 and 1953 Jowett produced 38,241 light trucks,van and utilities bearing the name Bradford.
1947 saw the release of the first newly designed vehicle after the war, called the Jowett Javelin. Production ceased in 1953 after 23,307 vehicles were produced.
The Jowett Jupiter, a convertible with a 1486 cc overhead valve flat four engine was produced between 1950 and 1954 in all a total of 899 Jupiters were produced. MAny of which are still on the road today.